Attached you will find an updated consent form for the Binax Now rapid antigen test that is now available at school. There were some adjustments made to some of the language and hopefully this will help to clarify many of the questions you may have. In addition, below are answers to some of the common questions we received.
1. The physician's order is obtained by the School District and allows our staff to administer the Binex Now test. Parents do not need to obtain anything from their physician.
2. The District office staff have been trained to administer the Binex Now rapid antigen tests.
3. The test is a nasal swab; however it is not the invasive, deep version you may have heard of or experienced. The test swab is only inserted about a half inch into each nostril to collect the sample. Results are ready in about 15 minutes.
4. Students will only be tested it they are exhibiting symptoms. If your child exhibits symptoms, and is considered a close contact of a positive COVID case, your child will be sent home even with a negative Binex Now Test and an additional PRC test will be required to verify your child is negative before returning to school. If your child is exhibiting symptoms, is not considered a close contact to a positive COVID case and tests negative, they may remain at school, however they may be required to take an additional Binex Now test within 2 days is symptoms persist.
5. Please note, any child that has a fever will be sent home and must remain home for 24 hours fever free without fever reducing medication regardless of the results of the COVID Tests.
6. In order to test your child, we need both the signed consent form on file and must obtain verbal approval from a legal guardian each time the test is administered. A parent may choose to be present during the administration of the test.
Please read the attachments carefully, and complete the entire consent form if you choose the option of having your child(ren) tested at school. If you need a paper copy sent home, please contact the District office and request one 815.223.2933. We only need one form per family.
Finally, a COVID-19 vaccination clinic will be held at Dimmick School in the conference room on Wednesday, November 17 from 8:30am to 2:30pm with the follow up 2nd dose to be administered on Wednesday, November 8. The vaccine will be the FDA approved Pfizer vaccine. If you sign up, please enter through the double doors (#12) by the STEM lab. Students will be brought down to meet with their parents. Please use the following link to sign up for a time.
You may need to copy and paste the link into your web browser.
Additional information regarding the vaccine can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/planning/children.html#covid19-vax-recommendations